Have you hit the Wall in your Career? Time to invest in a Professional CV.
It is a normal on a successful career path to occasionally hit a wall. The people that see me usually fall into the following categories:
- The pyramid structure of most organisations weeds people out the higher they get to the top. They have become stuck.
- Women have to break through the glass ceiling. New research from the Harvard Business Review proves what we all instinctively knew; the glass ceiling has little to do with women taking time off to have a family.
- Business people are often yearning for a change. Frequently, they are disillusioned with their role, company or even industry. They may be bored with a role that was once a challenge, but now, has become pedestrian.
- As a CV writer, I meet many people who have no defined pathway or goal. Many more have no idea what their value proposition is in the market.
The impact of hitting the wall ranges from:
- having a lack of professional fulfilment, to
- job dissatisfaction, to
- a serious loss of confidence, to
- in the worst cases, depression and despair
Depending where they are on that continuum, professionals and business people need different kinds of help. I am not a psychologist or a career coach but I am a very strategic and professional CV writer, and my professional process has helped many professional people at all points on the above continuum break through their individual walls.
- We discuss their goals and objectives, and what the blockages are.
- After eleven years as a CV writer in Auckland, I have become very good at seeing the real reasons behind these blockages. I ask the client for permission to be honest and firm. As a person who can see things from a detached, unemotional and third party view point, I give honest and constructive comment. I coax them away from the negativity of their situation and towards the positivity of their future.
- I define a clear and deliverable professional value proposition.
- I write their curriculum vitae.
- They gain a deep sense of empowerment, and move into positive action.
- Most importantly, they get results.
Call me now and let me help you break through your wall/glass ceiling with a professional CV:
(09) 638-5943 or (021)50 20 93.