If you conduct a Google search for “Professional Help with CV”, maybe around 10 options will appear for you to consider. How do you choose between these services that offer professional help with your CV?
It will help to ask yourself these questions.
Firstly, “Do I want to laboriously fill in online forms, pay the whole fee in advance and then get my CV emailed to me?”
If yes, then there are probably 5 companies that will do this for you. Give them a call and make sure you are very clear on what you are going to get for your money. Ask will they action any changes for you once they have emailed it to you and you have had a chance to read it properly. These services may be cheaper but you end up doing most of the work and there is significant risk to you … you have to pay in advance and you don’t know how committed they will be to making changes.
Secondly, “Would I like to sit down, face-to-face and be personally interviewed by your own personalised professional CV writer?”
This approach means your CV writer will get to know you personally, interview you and customise a CV for you. There are around 4 who will do that. This kind of professional help with your CV will – and should – cost a little more than a remote professional help service.
Thirdly, “If I feel a personalised and customised approach is right for me, how do I choose which of these professional help with CV services CV writers will meet my needs the best?”
Call them up and check:
- Are the fees competitive?
- Check carefully how much you are going to pay and what you get for it.
- Don’t quibble about $50 or $100. You will make that by lunchtime on the first day at your new job!!
- Do you have to pay the whole fee upfront and take the corresponding risk?
- What is their experience? Have they worked in your field?
- Do they understand business? Do they understand your sector?
- Will they show you some samples? Note: no one is going to email you a sample CV, so don’t expect that.
- Do they have compelling testimonials?
- Can they meet your deadline?
- Can they help with other things you might need? LinkedIn, Covering Letters and Interview Training
Call me now on 021 50 20 93 and ask me these questions, I am confident I am able to provide the best professional help available with your CV.